Separation Deed Singapore

You may wish to be separated from your spouse for a period of time before you decide on a divorce, you may need a Separation Deed. In the meantime, the parties can still work out on reconciliation. In this case, a Deed of Separation is recommended to be prepared by a Singapore Divorce Lawyer.

The Separation Deed will set out the terms and conditions governing the relationship between you and your spouse during the period of separation. Both parties may mutually agree on an arrangement for the custody care and control of the children (minor), maintenance of a spouse and/or children and division of the matrimonial assets in the event of a divorce.

A Separation Deed is a private document prepared by a Singapore Divorce Lawyer, and not lodge with any government departments, and the Separation  Deed may be revoked at any time with the consent of both parties.

Although the parties may have mutually agreed to the terms in the Deed of Separation, either party can still apply to have any of the terms set aside by the Family Court (unless the Deed of Separation was sanctioned by the Court).

It would be advisable for you to consult a lawyer to draft the Deed of Separation, and the Deed signed in the presence of a lawyer.