We do not process Deed Poll application for change of name in your Singapore Identity Card (IC or NRIC) to be signed overseas. We require the applicant to be in Singapore to sign the formal Deed Poll in the presence of one of our lawyers.

Replacement of Singapore IC has to be done in person at ICA (and/or via ICA’s website, as the case may be). Applicants who are overseas are advised to go down to ICA in Singapore to alter the name in their ICs with their Deed Poll.

By Singapore law, an IC holder who changes his name should apply for a replacement identity card within 28 days. You may visit ICA’s website for more information.

If you are currently overseas and intend to return to Singapore soon (temporarily or permanently), you may apply for a Deed Poll first through our websites or SG Lawyers mobile app, and make an appointment via our booking system.

[Note: on policy issues, please check with the Immigration & Checkpoint Authority (ICA)]
Categories: Deed Poll, Deed Poll Procedures