From 1 June 2007, to effect a change of name of a minor (under 21 years), Immigration Checkpoints Authority (ICA) requires one parent to complete a form to declare that the minor’s other parent has also consented to the name change, in addition to producing the Deed Poll.

If the other parent is uncontactable, the parent who has executed the Deed Poll must state this information on the Declaration Form at ICA accordingly.

Where both parents signed the Deed Poll, no declaration of consent is required.

The Declaration Form is to be completed at ICA and not at Loh Eben Ong’s office. However, where a Deed Poll is signed by 1 parent (except for single parent as evidenced by the child’s birth certificate), that parent must sign Loh Eben Ong’s internal Declaration Form for our own internal record.