Legalisation by Embassy or Consulate

//Legalisation by Embassy or Consulate
Legalisation by Embassy or Consulate 2017-11-19T02:25:45+00:00

The Foreign Agency may require legalisation (or legalization) of the notarised document by the Foreign Embassy in Singapore.

For example, if a document executed in Singapore before a Singapore Notary Public for use in France would be legalised (legalized) by the French Embassy in Singapore.

Usually for non-Commonwealth countries, apart from verification by the Singapore Academy of Law (SAL), the document may also have to be sent to the Embassy or Consulate of that country for further certification or legalisation.

Each Embassy or Consulate will have its own requirements for legalisation (legalization). Most of them would require the payment of a fee. Some require copies in addition to the original signed by the Notary Public, while others require further verification by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs before legalisation (legalization).

Where non-Commonwealth countries have no embassy or consulate in Singapore, the Consular Office of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has been known to render assistance in the legalisation of documents.


Loh Eben Ong LLP

Using Loh Eben Ong's Singapore legal services is extremely simple.

Changing your name

Do you know it is easy to change your name? You need a Deed Poll signed in the presence of a Singapore Lawyer. You can get a quote and submit online at